I’ve been rolling in awards lately – thank you so much to everyone for your love and support! I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Carolyn Page, Mia and Intrepid8! Check out their amazing blogs, they’re so worth a read 🙂 and thanks go to Okoto Enigma for creating this award!
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
You should have probably got the gist of these awards by now, so here goes:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 -20 bloggers
Three Things About Me
Even though I’ve already done so many of these (here and here) I don’t think I’ll ever run out of things to add! I contain multitudes 😉
- I used to be so scared of being different. I hated that I looked Asian – I cried if my mum gave me chopsticks to eat my packed lunch with in primary school and I refused to speak Chinese at home. Now I seriously regret that!
- My rebellious streak comes out in the music I listen to. I think I generally interact with people as civilly and sweetly as possible so everybody thinks of me as the ‘good girl’ – inside I hate it but I’ve gotten used to it now. I think releasing my rebellious streak would damage a lot of my relationships, especially with my family, so it comes out in the music that I listen to. You can hear samples of it in my previous award posts!
- I love planning trips. As I’ve said before, I’m a control freak, but having everything in order is just so satisfying!
Questions from Carolyn
1. What is your most favourite hobby?
It changes depending on what I spend the most time on – it used to be music when I did orchestras and choirs at school, but right now it’s blogging and creating videos on my YouTube channel (shameless plug alert – do subscribe!)
If YouTube isn’t your thing, I also upload to my Facebook page.
2. Do you enjoy cooking, or do you enjoy being cooked for?
I enjoy cooking if it’s with another person! Being cooked for usually means that I have to do the dishes afterwards haha…
3. Do you have a pet? Tell us all there is to know… 🙂
Well I have fish, which are super easy to look after and make me happy when I feed them. I’ve watched them grow up for 7 years now!
4. Your favourite movie is? Why?
Ooh I’ve answered this one in my previous award post, and I said either Intouchables or Princess Mononoke.
This time I’ll introduce you to another of my favourite films – Inception. Cliché, I know, but it’s sooo good and you can watch it again and again (mostly because the first time you watch it, it’s very confusing)!
Sure, there are plot holes, but the cinematography is stunning 🙂
5. Music: Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, Rock & Roll, Blues, Country, Classical, Disco, Opera and so much more. Which one/s do you enjoy the most?
I’m a huge fan of rock/pop/punk/indie (anything so long as the texture is thick and the melody is awesome and not too repetitive) and classical music. Odd combination, but I don’t care 😉
Here’s Twenty Øne Piløts with one of my favourite songs – the music video’s a bit odd but listen to the music!
Questions from Intrepid8
1. What inspired you to create a blog?
I wanted to create a blog because I a) was bored and b) needed some release for my crazy swirling thoughts. Then I read Thomas Frank’s article The Ultimate Guide To Building a Personal Website and I decided to create a blog.
2. What do you want your bloggers to gain from reading your blog?
I want other bloggers to perhaps see the world from a different point of view, maybe change some of their ideas about the world and go away a better person.
3. What is your favorite place to visit?
This has to be China – I don’t go back that often but it is amazing when I do! Just came back from holiday – will keep you posted 😉
If I’m honest, I don’t mind where I go – it’s more the people who I go with and who I meet.
4. If you could teleport to anywhere on Earth where would you go?
If the teleporter was permanent, I would teleport to school so I don’t have to commute and I sleep for half an hour longer.
Jk, I would probably go somewhere else like Latin America (my dream destination) or Iceland to see the Northern Lights.
Questions from Mia
1. Do you have a dream? What is it?
My dream is to be able to live how I want and do the things I want to do. Very vague because I don’t really know what I want to do!
2. How would you describe yourself in a paragraph?
Hmm… I think I did this pretty well on my Who’s Jess? page.
3. What do you value the most in people?
I value honesty. I just can’t get along with fake or superficial people! Honesty leads to trustworthiness and all other good stuff 🙂
4. What are your defining characteristics?
I think I’m adventurous, hard-working and geeky.
5. What is the angriest you’ve been in your life?
I’ve been angry more than I’d like to admit, but I think the angriest I’ve been is when I’d been let down by people I trusted.
But anger never solves anything – I wrote a post about how anger always stems from seeing yourself as the centre of the universe.
Don’t feel obliged to do this tag!
- Scribblings of Cynicism
- Our Mixed Box
- Shatter the Fourth Wall
- A Piece of Viola
- Smart Veg Recipes
- Dreamer on a Cloud
- The Walk of Thoughts
- Shanthi Reddy
- My Favourite Recipes
My Questions for You
- What is the number one item on your bucket list?
- Would you rather be the best of the worst or the worst of the best?
- How would you want to change the world?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What are you loving right now?
And that’s it! If you want to be nominated for this award, feel free to comment below and I’ll add you to the list – I’ve got 7 spare spaces if you’re willing to grab them!