I have definitely been behind on collecting awards recently! Thank you so much to Minty Freshie for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Go check out her awesome blog 😉
Alright, now you’ve done that, let’s go!
You know how this works!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
11 Random Facts
- I can’t speak Mandarin yet. Every time someone asks me if I’m Chinese and I say yes, they expect me to be able to speak Mandarin but I can’t. Even my family do this to me. I hate it! I’m trying to learn this summer but it’s such a complicated language…
- If I wasn’t a scientist, I’d probably be an artist or musician. I like being able to create stuff. That puts me in the same crowd as Einstein, who said that if he wasn’t a physicist he’d be a musician haha!
- I tend to seek attention but I don’t like it. I guess that’s the pressures from society to always perform for other people’s approval? Or maybe I’m just weird.
- I’m a control freak. I like everything to be planned as soon as possible, and I like to have everything that I can control in order. I suck at spontaneity.
- I’m selling my collection of awesome £1 and £2 coins. Since the old round £1 coins are being pulled out of circulation, they’ll become scarcer and people will be willing to pay more for them, right? Simple economics 😉
- I’m done with school forever! This deserves a whole post to itself, tbh. I feel like I need to give school the send-off it deserves, so that will be coming in a future post. Bear with!
- I have a love-hate relationship with the internet. I can’t live without it, but I don’t want to live through it. I want to experience ‘real life’ but I don’t want to forget it!
- My goal in life is to be completely independent. This sort of links back to the control freak one, as I want to be able to control all aspects of my life. That’s why I want to drive asap! All my friends can or are learning, but I still haven’t had the time 😦
- Mangoes are my favourite fruit. ‘Nuff said.
- My favourite TV shows are Sherlock and Black Mirror. Can’t choose between them – but Black Mirror seem to be my current favourites as I’ve exhausted all of Sherlock’s episodes so far.
- My favourite band right now is Twenty Øne Pilots. How much more teenage-angsty can you get, eh?
Questions From Minty Freshie
1. Would you consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist?
Personally, I consider myself a realist, which usually means that I’m the person to point out problems in people’s optimistic plans. I also try to look at the bright side if something bad happens too! In general, though, I think I side more on the pessimist side.
2. Do you wear glasses?
I am slightly short-sighted so I do have prescription glasses but I don’t like wearing them. I’ll probably have to wear them when I learn to drive though!
3. Fruit or vegetables?
Oooh this one is hard – I am a huge fan of both! I think it really depends on how it’s cooked/served – I love sweet fruits like apples, pears, bananas, mangoes, etc. but I also like peppers, cooked tomatoes, carrots, sweetcorn, peas… And are avocados fruits or vegetables?
If I had to choose one to eat for the rest of my life, I think I’d have to go with vegetables because meat tastes boring without some veggies to go with it.
4. What is your all time favourite movie?
I don’t actually have a go-to film that I would love to watch again and again… I think it’s a toss-up between two films.
One is Intouchables, an uplifting French film about the unlikely relationship between a rich, posh handicapped millionaire and a street-smart ex-conman… The other is Princess Mononoke, an epic Studio Ghibli film that has art to die for.
5. Can you describe the country where you live in 3 words?
Hmm… Diverse, dissatisfied, sarcastic.
(OK two white guys isn’t very diverse but I think they got the dissatisfied and sarcastic look)
6. What is your one goal in life?
To be independent. This sort of links back to me being a control freak… I want to be able to control all aspects of my life. That’s why I want to drive asap! All my friends can or are learning, but I still haven’t had the time 😦
Being independent includes being financially, emotionally and capably independent.
I wouldn’t mind making a good impact in the world on the way to independence!
7. Do you have a favourite sport?
Is chess a sport?
8. Have you ever broken a bone, and if so which one?
Nope but I almost dislocated my elbow…
9. Do you have a favourite celebrity?
Tom Hiddleston or Benedict Cumberbatch… ❤
10. Do you have any pets (if you don’t what pet would you like to have)?
I have fish and they’re great because I just have to feed them once a day and clean the filter once a week and they require no more looking after – I can barely look after myself let alone another life!
11. When was the last time you laughed?
Cute question to finish off with 🙂 just today when I had a phone call with my friend who came back from a holiday to Germany and we arranged a meet-up!
Here we go again!
- A New Chapter
- Between the Lines
- Wander Summer
- My Life Online
- Life, Family and Good Food
- You What?
- Carolyn Page
- Shadows of Menzo
My Questions to You
- What is your favourite place to be?
- Do you consider yourself special?
- What does your favourite quotation mean to you?
- How has your blog changed since you started?
- What would you do if you couldn’t fail or be rejected?
- What do you admire about yourself?
- What is one thing you’re dreading right now?
- What is one thing you’re excited for?
- What is one failure that turned into your greatest lesson?
- Do you believe that destiny/fate is pre-determined or that you can change it?
- What’s your favourite way to get organised?
OK, that’s it for now! I won’t get offended if you don’t want to accept the award 🙂 and if you weren’t nominated but still want to do these questions, go ahead! I nominate you.