I have just been awarded this ‘Versatile Blogger’ award! Versatile is a nice way of putting the fact that I haven’t figured out what I am passionate enough to blog about… But until I have an idea, I’ll just carry on putting my random thoughts out there and hope you guys enjoy them 🙂 I’m so grateful for you guys, I didn’t really expect to reach out to so many great people who want to read my blog so thank you!
I am currently doing my 22 press-ups for 22 days (to raise awareness for PTSD – check out my progress on Facebook, I’ll upload a finished vid to this blog once I’m done!) and I went through the whole nomination thing similar to the ice-bucket challenge where you get nominated by someone else and you have to nominate two other people.
This award thing works on basically the same principle – show the award on your blog, thank your nominator, share 7 different facts about yourself, nominate and link other bloggers. The perfect recipe to make something go viral!
I was nominated by the amazing blogger PsychPerspectives who writes such great pieces on everything. I’m not ashamed to say I’m a big fan! The style of the blog is so refreshing and there’s always more to read and more to think about. Thank you 🙂
OK, so 7 facts about myself (that you won’t find on my blog so far):
- I can’t stand horror films. Not so much whilst I watch them (so long as I’m with other people) but afterwards I can’t so much as look into a dark corner without thinking that something’s there to get me.
- I don’t believe in Romanticism. Don’t get me wrong, I like romance (sort of) as much as the next person, but I’m more of a Classical person. It’s a mindset I got off the School of Life videos – I’ll probably write more on this in the future if you’re interested in knowing what I mean!
- I absolutely adore avocados. But you’re only meant to eat half an avocado a week! My avocados never keep that long, and I can’t stop myself from finishing them…
- I used to play table tennis for Kent (a small county in south-east England). But then I stopped before I turned 11 so I don’t really have anything interesting to say about it.
- The one place in the world that I most want to visit is Latin America. OK, that’s a lot of places, but I really want to go on an expedition there at some point!
- I dislike using make-up. I just don’t understand it. I mean, I’ll put a bit of mascara on for occasions, but caking my face in foundation and eyeshadow and contour and lipstick and lip liner and eyebrow pencil? No thanks… My friends have tried putting it on me, and for the rest of the day I was so terrified of touching my face in case everything smudged into each other.
- My scepticism knows no bounds. As you can probably tell by the many negatives in this list.
Connecting with other people through blogging has been my favourite part of blogging, maybe more so than writing my pieces! Now to nominate my favourite bloggers…
- The Fictive Artist. His blog is such an interesting mishmash of thoughts, and he even introduced me to my new favourite artist Aurora!
- The Scribblings of a Teenager. Oli’s posts are very sparse, but his creative writing pieces are fantastic. It’s great to find another pre-Uni UK blogger!
- Social Hermit. Her posts are definitely thought-provoking, and her short stories address some problems in society in an entertaining fashion.
- An Average Wednesday. For those of you who love your tried-and-tested beauty products, this is the post to go to!
- My Travel Peace. Her blog is in its beginning stages, but her thoughts on travel are promising.
- Gain Perspective blog. There is something truly touching about the poems on here. I’m not usually a poetry person but these are definitely worth reading.
- DP News. For all your film needs.
- One Voice One Opinion. I find Lisa’s blogs totally relatable, as a fellow British-born Chinese, and she writes in the most positive style!
- My Little Libellule. Her writing is so pure and genuine, and her posts are a rollercoaster of emotions.
- Zoe Does Life. An interesting snapshot into the life of a graduate, and whether university really prepares you for life.
- Happinesd. A really brave 14-year old who has just started blogging. She has gone through an awful lot, so please support her!
- I-read. Ruth’s poetry is so beautiful and they are served in perfect bite-sized pieces.
- Unmotivated Enthusiast. His posts are just so relatable in every way! Thoroughly, thoroughly recommend for everyone.
Well, there we go. There’s something for all of you on there, I encourage you to check out the ones that you find interesting! All you awesome bloggers that I’ve nominated, you can choose whether or not to accept it (don’t worry, I won’t get offended!).
Thank you to everyone for your support! I’m so grateful to all of you ❤